1) I would recommend using hardwood or maple in a high quality finish, but anything with a bit of depth as well as a lot of strength can really help you. I have tried maple leaves and alder sticks but they both did not provide what I felt I needed in a sign for my patio.
2) I would recommend using a high quality board but if you can’t find it, then you can always use a piece of wood or scrap wood.
3) I would recommend using a solid colour which is a more subtle and beautiful colour for your signs.
4) In a nutshell, I am looking for a bit of a dark colour with a dark, solid tone and for the signs I’m designing these days, that is most of the signs I am looking for because it helps to really create a visual presence.
5) When designing signs such as this I am looking for the highest quality possible.
I have been told by a few people that the first piece of wood to be bought and cut will probably be the largest piece of wood or as much of a log as you can get it for.
This helps to provide the needed support for your sign.
For my patio sign, which I would call a “portal”, I would use 2 pieces of pine from my shop and the other piece is of pine which I can sell for about $1.50.
For the signs where I want to use a large piece of wood as well as a small piece of wood, this would be the ideal method because it really allows me the opportunity to cut out a lot of space for your sign once it is finished.
You can use different types of pine on either piece depending on what you need the sign for, but one thing is for sure, it would be amazing to get the help and expertise from a woodworker in our area who knew how to do this.
My next project will be a large wooden sign hanging in my front garden. There is just one small problem with it that I do not want to be able to hang it from the end of my window sill, I also do not want to be able to use it on a table inside my house.
If I can only have it in a certain type of wood, this gives me more options, but it is a problem that I believe will not go away.
So next time you are out with your sign shop and you are trying to decide of what